Welcome! On behalf of your Consultant, thank you for your time and consideration to start a Mary Kay business! Below are videos and facts about our amazing company. After you look over the information please complete and submit the survey at the bottom of the page and we’ll be in touch with you soon to get your feedback.
Meet Our Founder, Mary Kay Ash
Mary Kay Ash earned a place in history when she stepped out in a man’s world to blaze a new path for women. Recognized today as America’s greatest woman entrepreneur, Mary Kay created new opportunities for women around the world. Her revolutionary move led to a multibillion-dollar success. In the process, she earned a place in the hearts of millions for her giving spirit, unwavering values and inspiring belief in the power and potential of women. Click here to learn more about Mary Kay Ash.
About Mary Kay Cosmetics
Mary Kay Inc. is one of the largest direct sellers of skin care and color cosmetics in the world! The Company sales force exceeds 1 million Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants in more than 35 markets worldwide. Mary Kay Inc. has averaged double-digit annual growth since the Company’s founding in 1963 and celebrates 48 years of enriching women’s lives. The Mary Kay product line includes more than 200 premium products in the following categories: facial skin care, color cosmetics, body care, sun protection, fragrances, and men’s products.
For almost 50 years, the Company has applied Mary Kay’s philosophy of God first, family second and career third, and stayed true to the Golden Rule way of conducting business. Mary Kay is more than quality skin care and color cosmetics products and, of course, more than that famous pink Cadillac. Because the Company’s independent sales force embodies the Company’s philosophy of sharing and giving, Mary Kay’s legacy will continue to thrive.
Mary Kay Inc. was created with one objective: to provide an open-ended opportunity for women. Quite simply, Mary Kay encourages building a successful business while living a balanced life — a philosophy that continues to thrive after 48 years. Today, the latest developments in Web technology and online shopping allow Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants to serve their millions of customers worldwide with personalized service and efficient delivery of products.
13 Reasons Women Start a Mary Kay Business
1. Money: We make 50% on everything we sell. We buy are products from Mary Kay for a dollar, and we sell them for two. We can choose to market our product through skin care classes, facials, pampering sessions, on-the-go appointments, collection previews, 24-hour websites and web-shows. With so many options, selling this product is easy to fit into the busiest of schedules. Because of this, 85% of our consultants begin Mary Kay with another full-time job. Click here to see a list of commissions that were paid directly to Mary Kay Sales Directors in one month, as published in our company magazine, Applause.
2. Recognition & Prizes: Mary Kay always said, “A woman will work harder for praise and recognition than for money.” Women don’t receive near enough praise or recognition – rarely from bosses, family or friends – but in Mary Kay we applaud and cheer for each other all the time – and it is genuine. We award weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual prizes. Mary Kay spends more than 50 million annually on rewards and prize incentives for the independent sales force. These include beautiful things for your home, fabulous jewelry, luxury trips and cars. It’s not like getting a turkey for Christmas. It’s like Christmas all year long!
3. Flexibility: We choose when and how many hours we work based on what we want to earn. We truly get to put God first, family second and career third. Do you feel that you have the flexibility to create a schedule that puts your priorities in order?
4. Advancement: One of the greatest aspects of this marketing plan is that there is NO GLASS CEILING. You can earn as much money as you choose to work for and move up the career ladder as fast as you choose by doing the work it takes to move into each position. There are NO POLITICS in Mary Kay – everyone who “does it”, “gets it”. You can remain a consultant or climb as high as National Sales Director. Your choice, your time frame! To learn more about the Mary Kay career path and commission and bonus structure click here.
5. Family, Friendship & Fun: You become like the 5 people you hang around with the most, and in Mary Kay you will hang around some of the most positive and powerful people you will ever meet. Your customers and sister consultants can become lifelong friends! And with a priority system of God first, family second and career third…we are encouraged to live our lives with balance. Do you LOVE your job SO MUCH that you would do it for FREE?
6. Career Car: You probably know about the Pink Cadillacs – but Mary Kay also awards many other cars. That’s right! A car is earned based on your selling and team-building abilities – everyone meets the same requirements to earn a Mary Kay car. The company pays the tax, title, licenses and portion of the insurance. AND, if you don’t want to take the car, Mary Kay has a monthly cash compensation plan that starts at $375 per month. Imagine, earning a new car every two years – how much money would that save your family over a lifetime? What would you put all that money toward? Education, vacation, savings, retirement fund?
7. Tax Benefits: Our government wants to encourage small business growth, so as small business owners we get great benefits because we run home-based businesses. There are way too many to mention here, but they include deducting a portion of your housing expenses, automobile expenses, internet, cell phone and even dining out!
8. Personal Growth: There are countless stories of Consultants and Directors who have developed personally in ways that they would have never believed possible! From increased self-confidence to developing leadership skills to spiritual growth, the Mary Kay way of praising people to success fuels all types of personal growth! “God didn’t have time to make a nobody, only a somebody. I believe that each of us has God-given talents within us waiting to be brought to fruition.” ~Mary Kay Ash
9. Job Security: We do not hire or fire in Mary Kay. The company is a multi-billion $ debt-free company! We joke that as long as baby girls are being born and lip glosses are being produced, we’re in business! Especially with selling a consumable product! Did you know that 50% of ALL Americans now have a home-based business for a Plan “B.” Do you have a plan “B”?
10. No Territories: Mary Kay is now in more than 35 markets around the world! Consultants can build customers and team-members anywhere in the U.S. With the Global Leadership Development Program, Directors and National Sales Directors can build within any country approved for this program. Do you have any family and friends that live out of town or out of state that have skin and use some sort of cosmetics?
11. Fulfillment of Helping Others: All that you pour into the lives of others will come back into your own. As a Mary Kay Consultant, you have the opportunity to, not only change the way someone looks and feels through teaching them proper skincare and makeup techniques, but you have the opportunity to literally change a life! Nothing is more fulfilling than helping others succeed! That is the paycheck of the heart. Is your J-O-B fulfilling you?
12. Ability to Dream Again: I believe every person on earth was born with a dream. They may not be able to describe it. They may have forgotten it. They may no longer believe in it. But it’s there. In Mary Kay, we are encouraged to dream again. Mary Kay Ash, always said that, “Within yourself lies everything you ever dreamed of being. Become everything that God wants you to be. It is within your reach. Dare to grow into your dreams.” Are you living YOUR dream life OR just living life?
13. Giving Back:
Inner Circle National Sales Director Linda Toupin
Linda joined Mary Kay in 1982 while teaching in the public school system as the Home Economics. She debuted as a Sales Director in 1983 and left her teaching position in 1986. Working as a full-time director and full-time mom, she quickly moved her unit to Cadillac status where they have remained for a consecutive 30 years. Her national area retails over 10 million dollars each year.
Linda’s mission: To help other women reach their full potential through a Mary Kay career.
Linda’s recording “Choices” has helped many people make the decision to take advantage of the Mary Kay Opportunity. Listening to “Choices” is a great way to experience Mary Kay through the personal career journey of someone who started out as a Home Economics teacher and grew her Mary Kay business into achieving Mary Kay Millionaire Status.
So What Does it Take to Get Started?
I’m glad you asked! The start-up cost is only $100 + tax & shipping! The cost is EXTREMELY minimal when you compare it with what you get in your Starter Kit! You will receive full-sized products, samples, party supplies, education material, etc. valued at more than $400 retail and a stylish black leather tote bag!
So, what do you think?
If you’d like to become a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant, we’d be honored to welcome you to our family! All you have to do is ask your consultant for the agreement, and you’ll be on your way! If you do not have a consultant, please email me and I will take great care of you!
There is so much in store for you in your new Mary Kay business! Don’t let another second go by—there’s no time like today! If you continue doing the same thing you’re doing now for another year, where will you be? In the same place! Because if nothing changes, nothing changes—don’t be afraid to take a chance and make a change! I can’t wait to welcome you to our team!